A Forum Dedicated to Rice Lake's Residents, Visitors and Admirers

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you are Getting the Annoying Emails - Read Here

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I have found a nasty little aspect that has come with these forums. It is an option that users have to 'watch' topics. Sometimes this is a handy feature, but for the most part, it is an un necessary feature. The issue at hand however is that I CANNOT globally disable it. This means, I cannot set this to off for everyone. When you post in a thread or topic with this option enabled it automatically sets you to watch this thread. What this means is that you will recieve an email everytime you or someone posts to this thread or topic! Mad

HOWEVER!

I have been disabling this as users register. For the most part, most users should be good, and I will try to do this as members keep registering. I however have, and potentially will miss some users in the future. This post is to serve a guide as to how to turn these things off!

First, you will need to use the navigation bar at the top. Click on Profile:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You will then be taken to a new screen with information about your user, and your personal profile. Near the top you will notice more navigation tabs. To remove you from any topics you might already be 'watching' as well as prevent this in the future, you should first click on "Topic Being Watched".

If this has no topics listed, skip ahead to the step marked with Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven. If you have listed topics as shown here, first select 'Mark All'. Next click on "Stop Watching the Selected Topic"

You will be taken to the following screen. Click on 'Yes' to confirm.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Ok. So far so good. If you had no topics listed, pic up the guide here. We want to make sure this annoying permission is turned off. While still in your profile, click on 'Preferences' then look down a few lines till you see 'Always Notify me of New Replys'. Make sure this is set to 'No' as in the picture.

Finally, scroll to the bottom and click on 'Save'

DONE AND DONE! No more Annoying Email! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

View user profile http://ricelake.canadian-forum.com
Skitz.... thnx for doing this. I'll try and participate

all the best

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum