The Rice Lake Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum Dedicated to Rice Lake's Residents, Visitors and Admirers

You are not connected. Please login or register

Water Levels....

+2
hodgepodge
skitzo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Water Levels.... Empty Water Levels.... Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:00 pm

skitzo

skitzo

I was away to Florida the past 5 days, and wow... water levels seem to be up 2 feet!
Anyone seeing the same? Is there a resource to take a look at what they are doing about it. I plan on putting the dock and lifts in this weekend, and, well, water levels effect that.

thanks!

https://ricelake.canadian-forum.com

2Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:51 pm

hodgepodge

hodgepodge

This is the only site I know about for tracking water levels on Rice Lake:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:25 am

diggyj

diggyj

Is there any ice on the lake or is it all completely gone?

If there are still chunks floating I would wait. My neighbour put his stuff in early last year and a large iceberg completely bent one of his aluminum legs.

Dirk

4Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:53 am

freeline

freeline

I'm learning, I guess. Last year ( the first ) brought the boat over from Chemung. Dropped it in at the launch and took it for a spin. Went to lower the trolley ( marine railway ) and bango it stuck 3/4 of the way down. If not for my neighbours ( great introduction, eh " Look the trolley stuck part way, can you help " ) I would still be out there figuring out what went wrong. And the water was freezing the first week of April.
Im my innocence, I just figure the water goes up and down. Then someone explains about the locks or run-off etc.

5Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:07 am

shimmy_crazy

shimmy_crazy

For anyone thinking about putting in your boat at Marvin's... you'll have to wait. Most of the docks are now completely submerged!! And water level is still rising, it came up about 1.5 inches just overnight.

http://www.shimmycrazy.com

6Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:20 am

skitzo

skitzo

there is no ice left, and I haven't seen a berg in ages.
unfortunately, I have planned a dock building party for Thursday and Friday. I planned to get the lifts in while I had help over the weekend, and maybe even put the jet ski's in.

not sure if i will put them in the water this weekend, but the lifts and dock has to go in for sure. although i have only been here a year, it seems the water is at it's highest i have seen.

now the good news is we are making floating docks, but i am concerned about the lift levels, and if the water drops, i gotta get in the water and adjust them... brrrrr

7Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:48 pm

River Rat

River Rat

skitzo wrote:there is no ice left, and I haven't seen a berg in ages.
unfortunately, I have planned a dock building party for Thursday and Friday. I planned to get the lifts in while I had help over the weekend, and maybe even put the jet ski's in.

not sure if i will put them in the water this weekend, but the lifts and dock has to go in for sure. although i have only been here a year, it seems the water is at it's highest i have seen.

now the good news is we are making floating docks, but i am concerned about the lift levels, and if the water drops, i gotta get in the water and adjust them... brrrrr

The water levels are not even close their highest.

I've seen them at least 20" higher just 2 or 3 years ago and again in 1991.

RR.

8Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:55 pm

skitzo

skitzo

River Rat wrote:

RR.

I bet! just the highest i have seen in my short time here... any idea when they tend to level off to summer water levels. again, putting the lifts in is critical this weekend as I have help, and i would prefer to stay out of the frigid water early may if it drops and i have to adjust them.

9Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:30 pm

River Rat

River Rat

skitzo wrote:
River Rat wrote:

RR.

I bet! just the highest i have seen in my short time here... any idea when they tend to level off to summer water levels. again, putting the lifts in is critical this weekend as I have help, and i would prefer to stay out of the frigid water early may if it drops and i have to adjust them.

With all the rain we are getting here and further up the system you can count on the water level going higher.

The water usually subsides (summer level) around the second weekend in May or a little sooner just in time for Pickerel fishing.

Put your lift in where you had it last year.

RR

10Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:48 am

skitzo

skitzo

River Rat wrote:
skitzo wrote:
River Rat wrote:

RR.

With all the rain we are getting here and further up the system you can count on the water level going higher.

The water usually subsides (summer level) around the second weekend in May or a little sooner just in time for Pickerel fishing.

RR

that's the problem. we are building a new floating dock starting tomorrow, so the lifts will be located in a different spot. last year was our first year and we had a make shift area for the lifts. it did the trick, but not how i want it.

once the docks are made (hopefully by Saturday AM) we can check the depth and figure something out

11Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:00 am

River Rat

River Rat

skitzo wrote:
River Rat wrote:
skitzo wrote:
River Rat wrote:

RR.

RR

that's the problem. we are building a new floating dock starting tomorrow, so the lifts will be located in a different spot. last year was our first year and we had a make shift area for the lifts. it did the trick, but not how i want it.

once the docks are made (hopefully by Saturday AM) we can check the depth and figure something out

How did you make out with your lift/docks?

Nice weekend for it.

RR

12Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 pm

skitzo

skitzo

Made out very well! It was a great weekend for it!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Sat May 21, 2011 5:16 pm

freeline

freeline

Water still a little high re: May 19 However, two years ago water was awash on the dock.

14Water Levels.... Empty Re: Water Levels.... Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 pm

freeline

freeline

Seems that the water is down 1 - 2 ? ft from last week

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum