The Rice Lake Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum Dedicated to Rice Lake's Residents, Visitors and Admirers

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spring Crappie fishing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spring Crappie fishing Empty Spring Crappie fishing Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:19 pm

chrisrmt

Hi folks,

Just found this forum. I'm what you would call a fisher wannabe. Like the idea of fishing, just have no clue how. Anyways, I have heard spring crappie fishing is good on Rice. Can anyone suggest any areas that are good for fishing and what type of bait? I'm up on cow island, by the river. Thnx

2Spring Crappie fishing Empty Re: Spring Crappie fishing Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 am

freeline

freeline

Hi
I'm in a similar situation re: fishing

FYI - Normally, you can start to find crappie now by locating quieter areas with woody cover ( or plant growth ) Little back bays are good. Typically you want shallower rather than deeper.
Haven't been out this year, myself.

3Spring Crappie fishing Empty Re: Spring Crappie fishing Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:28 am

diggyj

diggyj

chrisrmt wrote:Hi folks,

Just found this forum. I'm what you would call a fisher wannabe. Like the idea of fishing, just have no clue how. Anyways, I have heard spring crappie fishing is good on Rice. Can anyone suggest any areas that are good for fishing and what type of bait? I'm up on cow island, by the river. Thnx

Was out on Sunday and caught about 250 Crappie, kept 75 for eating. They are on fire now. PM for details.

Dirk

4Spring Crappie fishing Empty Re: Spring Crappie fishing Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:09 am

JZ

PMed, like to know the details, Very Happy.

5Spring Crappie fishing Empty agree Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am

zincsulfate

JZ wrote:PMed, like to know the details, Very Happy.

I agree. Razz

http://www.rqsulfates.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum