The Rice Lake Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum Dedicated to Rice Lake's Residents, Visitors and Admirers

You are not connected. Please login or register

caught some weird fish

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1caught some weird fish Empty caught some weird fish Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:43 pm

coyotechaser

A friend and I were fishing for suckers today in Lang, just below the dam, and we caught about 4 or 5. What we also caught surprised us, about 12 cisco! Never seen one before in my life and I brought them home to show my father. He didn't even know what they were. Wish I knew how to post a pic here.

2caught some weird fish Empty Re: caught some weird fish Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:17 pm

freeline

freeline

My story goes like this...

I was working for the Dept of Lands and Forest, back in the early 70's as the creel census taker for Baie D'Or on L Huron. Also, I helped out on the gill net crew as the Dept wanted data on the movement and abundance of fish species.

Well, the procedure involving incidental catch e.g. trout was that in rotation everyone got to take home a fish. When my turn came, the captain asked for my brown trout b/c he was having company for the weekend. So, I gave up my turn. One of the locals helping on the boat said that if we would give him fresh caught cisco ( we had lots ) he would bring back smoked cisco for me. I suppose Wayne felt sorry for me.
About three days later, Wayne delivers a brown paper package.
I went to the mess hall and opened the bundle and decided to taste a little bit and freeze the rest. I was joined by one or two other crew in the next couple of minutes. half and hour later , all ten cisco were gone. Probably the best smoked fish in my life... and I didn't know people even ate cisco. Now I do.

thats my cisco story.

Bon appetit

3caught some weird fish Empty Re: caught some weird fish Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:01 pm

skitzo

skitzo

coyotechaser wrote:A friend and I were fishing for suckers today in Lang, just below the dam, and we caught about 4 or 5. What we also caught surprised us, about 12 cisco! Never seen one before in my life and I brought them home to show my father. He didn't even know what they were. Wish I knew how to post a pic here.

skitzo wrote:First hit this button:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

next chose your file, and click on host it

you will then be taken to this screen:

use the middle one. click on copy - it will highlight the line. right click - select copy then past it into the message body.

boom... hosted inline pictures

one other note, the overlaying screen will stay until you toggle it off.
just click this button again and it will go away:

Taken from another thread here... that's how you host and post pics!

https://ricelake.canadian-forum.com

4caught some weird fish Empty Re: caught some weird fish Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:24 am

shimmy_crazy

shimmy_crazy

Hi Skitzo, can you post these photo directions as a sticky to stay on the top of the message board? I know I figured it out once, but didn't take notes and it is a bit complicated. Many thanks!

http://www.shimmycrazy.com

5caught some weird fish Empty Re: caught some weird fish Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:26 am

shimmy_crazy

shimmy_crazy

Ooops, never mind Smile Just saw that you did it already Embarassed

http://www.shimmycrazy.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum